Saturday, October 29, 2011

Week 1: Cowhead


This is how my Cowhead turns out after modeling it. I must say that I learned quite a great deal on how to model something through extrusion and honestly, I had no idea that the different tools can be set to be based on the X, Y and Z axis. The tutorial introduced me to this feature. I actually had fun making the Cowhead and I was also anxious to see the results while doing it. However, I realize that making it is rather tedious, difficult and very tiring and though I cannot wait to start on human models, I now know well enough how difficult it can get. In fact, making the Cowhead is not flawless:


While I was attempting to mirror the geometry of the head, the eye-sockets, which is supposed to be a hole closing in slowly inside, was partially closed in. I was rather stunned when I see the results of mirroring as I was following closely to the tutorial. I then theorized that it could be because the edges of the hole were too close to one another or the tool just made a mistake in thinking that the eye-sockets should be mirrored too. Hence, I tried fixing this problem. I once tried to re-mirror the geometry but it did no improvements. I then revert to something more conventional.


I selected the newly created faces and then delete off the inner parts of the socket, leaving only the edges. I then redid the socket's inner parts through extrusion and some modification, effectively redoing the eye-socket part of the tutorial. This fixes the problem but leaves me with potentially unsymmetrical eye-sockets. Regardless, I had the result I wanted and I was satisfied. I then moved on with the rest of the tutorial and finished up the Cowhead model.

No comments:

Post a Comment